Effective April 1, 2024, ex parte motions denied by a judicial officer may not be resubmitted via the e-Filing portal. All resubmitted motions will be heard in person only. An assessment of $20 will be imposed. See KCC 4A.634.100A..
Starting Monday, March 20, 2023, e-filing will be mandatory for City of Algona and Pacific cases, per King County District Court Local Rules, including LGR 30.
Beginning 4/23/21, Anonymous use of the e-filing portal will be discontinued. All e-filing site access will require a log-in. Public access accounts are free, and are easy to set up. To register, click here. User accounts are NOT required for fine and ticket payment. For assistance, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandatory eFiling for Attorneys, for all case types, will begin May 1, 2021
For information on how to use this system, please see the Training Tab on our main website.
To search for a case, select "Case Search" or one of the "Calendar Search" options in the top menu.
In order to electronically file cases with the Court, you will need to create an eFiling user account
Answers to most questions can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you need to reach someone to assist with a technical issue, please call us at 206-205-9200 (Option 8) or email us at email@example.com. For questions about existing cases, including case status, processes and procedures, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update for Civil Filing as of 9/16/2020
KCDC is resuming the scheduling of motion hearings for non-emergent civil cases. Hearings will be conducted remotely (by video or telephone), unless the court grants an in person appearance prior to the date of the hearing. If a party does not have remote access, they may call the court at 206-205-9200 to request an in-person appearance.
Please take note that the motion calendar dates, times, and scheduling process have changed.
All hearings will occur by Zoom. Each courtroom has its own Zoom address and phone number. This information can be located on the sample form and the courtroom can also be accessed at the time of the hearing from the virtual corridor on our website. Notice of the Zoom hearing details (including the physical location of the courthouse – Burien, Seattle, or Issaquah, and the unique courtroom Zoom information for video and telephone) must be served with Notes for Motion on all parties. A sample notice with the Zoom information for each courtroom location can be found here. How to enter a hearing and additional information on remote hearings can be found in the sample notice.
Parties will no longer be able to select and set their own hearing date through the portal. All hearing dates will be issued by a Court Clerk. To request a date, please send an email to email@example.com. Requests MUST contain case number(s), type of hearing requested, and any emergency needs, such as filing or setting deadlines. Hearings will be set at the case’s assigned court location. The clerk will find available date options and once a date is accepted, will email you the information needed for the Notice of Hearing for service on the other party and a deadline for filing your Motion, Note and related pleadings through the portal. The Note should contain the date issued by the Clerk.
After issuing a hearing date, the date will be held for 2 business days for the requesting party to e-file the required Note, Motion and supporting pleadings through the portal. Failure to timely file will result in the hearing being cancelled and the date released. Motions noted for a date not issued by the clerk will be rejected.
Any motion hearing previously canceled due to the COVID-19 closure will need to be re-noted using the process outlined above. For questions, please contact the Scheduling Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All dates must be scheduled using the email address. Dates will not be scheduled via telephone so please do not call as you will be referred to request your date through the email address. Please provide a contact phone number in your requesting email for the clerk to contact you if needed.
Thank you for your patience as we work toward fully resuming court operations during this challenging time.
Effective Thursday, April 23, 2020, mandatory eFiling of Civil Cases resumes per King County District Court Emergency Order 05-2020 issued on April 16, 2020.
All filings subject to mandatory eFiling must be submitted through the eFiling portal, EXCEPT for the filing of documents prohibited by Governor Inslee's Proclamation 20-49 in effect through May 14, 2020.
Use of the kcdcCourtFilings@kingcounty.gov is no longer authorized for filings subject to mandatory eFiling.
Please note the following changes applicable for filings effective April 23, 2020:
- Interest calculations or affidavits must clearly set forth any applicable period of suspended interest accrual mandated by Proclamation 20-49.
- The setting of In-Court hearings remains suspended until at least May 14, 2020 or further Order of the Court unless determined to be an emergency and authorized by a Judge in writing. Motions and Proposed Orders for emergency hearings should be filed through the eFiling portal, and the clerk should be notified of the pending filing.
- Bulk filing of fee-based transactions will be limited to FORTY (40) submissions per cart. This is done in an effort to ensure the increase in portal filing traffic does not cause technical issues with filing in general. Note: the limit does not apply to non-fee-based submissions as those do not collect in the cart.
- Customers are asked to limit their activity to TWENTY (20) credit card or eCheck transactions PER DAY. This is to ensure the increase in portal filing traffic does not cause technical issues with our payment processor.
- Cases initiated with a Summons and Complaint
- Filing of a foreign judgment
- Filing of a money judgment from a district or municipal court
- Petition to challenge a drug based property forfeiture or petition for the return of animals
Questions and technical issues can be referred to the Help Desk at email@example.com or 206-205-9200, Option 8.